Friday, June 3, 2011



Overnight Beau looses a shoe. I am on Kansas traveling in circles waiting for the first lesson with Sudi at home. The wild mustard is blooming. With every bloom it is spreading. No rail around the arena. No letters on the rail. Who said I could do this thing? It always is too much for me.

Kansas and I see Sudi come up the drive way. She is out of the car. She walking. It is beautiful here she yells up. It is so beautiful. I say thank you because maybe it is. I say what I see is so much....The other way, she says, is just to enjoy it.

And then we ride. This time we try cantering in two point, those central core muscles, find them, hold me up above Kansas withers. Sit back. Right hand raises to her gray mane. Sit up in two point. Let go of her mane. Sit down. Show her the way.

Somewhere in here my arms unlock for a few gaits. My arms move with her. Give her more rein for now. Make it looser.

A circle at this end. Canter up the long side. A circle at the other end. Moments when I relax. Moments when Kansas can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment