Monday, April 17, 2017

Bitterbrush: Antelope brush, quinine brush, one of the most important and palatable native shrubs in the Western United States. Flowers early summer. Wrote a rough draft of a poem about Sonja. Knew her in high school. Sonja and Plum. Wonder if I can write a series? Rough drafts for summer. Last talk with Anne for 6 months. I have some relationship boundaries now. They feel over the top but probably under the bar. Last night Tony was on a tirade. I talked, I listened, I walked away: there's nothing I can do/I can't fix it. So many of my poems are Tony Atypical Ataxia and the travail of goats. I want to bend the helix and write about bloodlines of horses, dogs, cats, goats, chickens and the dysfunction of society not prizing adolescent girls. Can I do it? Rough drafts: Bird by Bird, Annie Lamont.

No comments:

Post a Comment