Friday, May 20, 2011



Two people, never lived together, retire to the mountain side where it gusts fifty five mph. Time management: Tony Long Haul Trucker, if time management was a priority no body would drive trucks. Penny Bunches, thirty years a nurse: Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize. Tony Trucker's family: Portuguese fish wives in Provincetown. Yell a list of to-do's at husbands. Husbands grumble then do them. All speech is surface level. Penny Bunches' family: sit around the dinner table talking. Still talking over coffee.

Last summer, house construction I am yelling so much I am hoarse. Port-a-potties, one hundred mile commute, no shower, sleeping in the barn, a bill for $6,000 a bill for $11,000. Tony Trucker is bitching about me handing out fruit.

Winter slows down. Winter. The end of winer tony signs up for two classes at the high school: Cooking Sauces and Nonviolent Communication.

I get a job on the psych unit in Yakima, fifty mile commute. Two horses, three dogs, one cat and the third goat has babies, two of them die and the third, a girl, lives. Tony is sixty two. I will be sixty this summer. I am learning to ride bareback on my thoroughbred.

No comments:

Post a Comment