Sunday, March 5, 2017

Chicken Tracks- 1) what it used to mean: illegible or barely legible handwriting. 2) what it means now: term used in Florida referring to the marks you get on your arms from injecting meth. 3) what it means this morning to my hens and roosters: footprints in the snow on the way to check out what's to eat in the barn. I leave for my trip with my daughter to NYC this afternoon. Three inches of snow last night. Tony already out plowing. I did the stalls with fresh shavings and pellets. I will be back on Friday but I think Josie the Ewe will kid by then. Those little babies expand my heart muscles. I start out by telling them: I might eat you but I'm not hungry now. I think it's best to know the complexity of different species as well as individuals. None of us are safe. I have some great characteristics: I am tough, strong, smart, persevere. I also eat meat and lose my temper. Once during a crisis one of the roosters attacked me. I twisted his neck and then he came back to life. I got the ax and cut his head off. Then, I got my laptop and watched a u-tube on how to butcher a chicken. Let's be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment