Friday, March 24, 2017

Last night Jaci the Akbash is limping on her left hind. Can't get her in the barn. This morning I throw my jacket over my nightgown, shove my barefeet in barn shoes and run out in the gloaming rain. At least Jaci follows me to the barn-yard so I can shut both gates and restrict her running. Later I will find her inside the barn. Jaci needs to stay off that leg. When I asked Tony w nights ago, he is eating the meat loaf special at the Buzz Inn. Tony says what he likes about the goats is the tax right off. I say I like goats. I like the animals. I like being part of the ecosystem. When we go to take 2 young does up to Bob and Bernice's buck, Oreo, the 2 I pick are very pregnant! Eeesch. Good we looked closely. We move Rene and her 2 down to the goat shed. The pregnant 2 come in the barn pens with Poppy. Then the 2 does that are Cindy Lou's daughter and foster ride up to Bob and Bernice's. I give this bunch their shots, the non pregnant their dewormer and all of these get their feet trimmed. Mike says he can come Sunday and pound T-posts so we can make a paddock for Kalypso especially but also give us more alternatives for all 3 horses. Then with Mike's help we will increase the side of the goat shed pasture. This is what I buy at the Old MIll this morning. (after Badger gets his shots and ears cleaned - 95 lbs) 1 horse dewormer, 3 5-way horse vaccines, bottle of goat dewormer, bottle of goat CDT vaccine, 2 dog vaccines and dog dewormer. We are ready for April Fools Day! And I feel good. There is a live-wire of vitality in this work. (The beautiful, long haired young women take photos of Badger's first store experience and he did well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment