Saturday, March 4, 2017

Renovation: to revive, restore to life, vigor or activity. Post hernia repair, I am more centered, balanced. I can stand straight up and down for periods of time. Yesterday, a 12 hour shift of multi-tasking. I was nurse for a young man who reminded me of a Samurai warrior. He saw an angel in front of Jen's right eye. He could see the reflection of the angel on Jen's glass lens. Our best minute, we talked about off-loading trucks at grocery warehouses. He worked with his uncle in Tacoma. In my truck days I loathed grocery warehouses, the hours, the time they would keep drivers waiting after driving through the night. The warehouse demand that drivers hire lumpers. The Samurai Warrior and I talked trucks not hospitals. I had to quit Harborview last fall because I could not keep up with the electronics, the fantastic new machinery and the direct patient care. Now, I say to patients like the Samurai Warrior: At my age I can only do one thing at a time; you need to be quiet until I finish these meds. I am more aware of limitations and I bould more boundaries. I am looking at the two dressers in my room. I am planning how to make the spare room nicer for Tony. At first I want to keep the tall oak dresser for myself because I can remember the day my ex-husband and I bought it in Ballard. I can remember oiling it with him. That was an okay day. Now, it will fit better in the spare room and I will take the rain damaged Ikea. First I need to clear out some books and clothes. It is spring even if there is a foot of snow on the ground. Eventually the ice will fissure. Tony says he slept better last night. He got up every three hours instead of two. I say: cut down on the coffee. He says it wouldn't help. It is Tony's decision. I do not wake up each time he staggers to the bathroom. He decides what is important to him. I am renovating.

No comments:

Post a Comment