Sunday, March 26, 2017

Give a little shake of my head to find myself in Roslyn. Always just the tiny town to slow down through on the way to a trail head. Then Northern Exposure - "You really should watch it. You remind me of the woman who owns the store." Not a compliment; I was forty five when Russ said that. Now, parking in Roslyn two, three times a month. Favorite Pre-Hispanic restaurant in Roslyn. Buy stamps in Roslyn. Writers Group Roslyn. Poets' Pot-Luck Roslyn. Last night, first time in seven years, fellow poet drives out from town to give me a ride to Roslyn! Today: all plans are off. Snows this morning, rain now. Tony cleaning goat paddock stalled out and Mike cancels due to weather. My cold is boring into sinuses. I saute onions to deep and dark then will add wine, French Onion Soup. Bread in a bowl to rise by the wood stove. Signing up for $5 retiree class CWU, looking for me student ID. Find five cards from my mom. She says, from years ago in Flordia, that my plane has just taken off and all my worries are sorted out. Which worries? Life leaks worries. No one shares worries like a mother. I will spend the rest of this day with tears stinging behind my eyes. Now, horses are my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment